Read Swordfighting, for Writers, Game Designers and Martial Artists by Guy Windsor Free Online
Book Title: Swordfighting, for Writers, Game Designers and Martial Artists|
The author of the book: Guy Windsor
Date of issue: March 20th 2015
ISBN: No data
ISBN 13: No data
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 18.23 MB
Edition: The School of European Swordsmanship
Read full description of the books Swordfighting, for Writers, Game Designers and Martial Artists:From the Foreword by Neal Stephenson:
“Whether you are a writer or game-maker seeking the kind of information I sought while writing The Baroque Cycle, or just a general reader with an interest in the arts to which Guy Windsor has dedicated his career, you should find much that is rewarding in these pages.”
This book is a collection of essays and articles, about half of which have been adapted from Guy’s successful blog, at guywindsor.com, the rest have never been published before. It is in eight sections:
▪ “What is Historical Swordsmanship?” covers some aspects of researching and recreating the Art.
▪ “Martial Essentials” covers some of the less-well-understood aspects of what martial arts are and how they work.
▪ “Lessons from the Art” covers some of the wider real-world benefits of training, especially dealing with questions of mistakes, risk, and fear.
▪ “Swords” describes the main classifications of the weapons we use, and includes discussion of appropriate training tools.
▪ “Fighting” includes historical examples of duels, and
▪ discussions about the nature of real violence.
▪ “Writing Swordfights” is about how swords and swordfights should be represented in fiction, with examples of fights done both well and badly.
▪ “Gaming” is a discussion of the ways in which swordsmanship can be adapted for game design purpose.
▪ “Training” includes key insights into how we train swordsmanship.
Read information about the authorI am a swordsman, writer, and entrepreneur. I research and teach medieval and Renaissance Italian swordsmanship, blog about it, write books about it, have developed a card game to teach it (which involved founding another company, and crowdfunding), and run The School of European Swordsmanship.
Add a comment to Swordfighting, for Writers, Game Designers and Martial Artists
Read EBOOK Swordfighting, for Writers, Game Designers and Martial Artists by Guy Windsor Online free