Read Capitulation by Melody Anne Free Online
Book Title: Capitulation|
The author of the book: Melody Anne
Date of issue: October 22nd 2014
ISBN: No data
ISBN 13: No data
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 685 KB
Read full description of the books Capitulation:Let me start off by saying that this book was not awful. Was it good enough to want to read (and pay for) the other three books in the series? Probably not.
Here's the hard truth of why I picked it up:
1. I've talked to people who said it was a decent series (and I give into book-related peer pressure)
2. It was FREE on iBooks
3. I keep seeing quotes from the series on Pintrest & Tumblr
4. The author's books are all over the best seller charts
The Good Stuff:
* It was free on iBooks.
* It was a short and fast read.
* The dual Point of View aspect. Rafe was more interesting than Ari; the book would have dissolved into nothing without his POV.
* Rafe's Dialogue = Sexy one liners. If we printed off a little pocket book full of the spicy things he says to Aria in this book alone, guys could use it as refrence material to seduce women.
* The (view spoiler)[cliff hanger. Formulaic as this book was (see below) I was actually quite pleased to see Ari walk away. I'm sure the Author intended for the opposite effect (afterall, formula seems to dictate that the girl run away at the end of the first book so we'll run out and buy the sequel) But quite honestly, the only thing Ari had going for her was that she resolutely refused to be his mistress. It was the only positive constant about her. (hide spoiler)]
The Lame Stuff:
* The whole "billionaire looking for an innocent girl for sex because he doesn't do emotional relationships" formula. It seems to be the standard format for the modern romance. That's perfectly fine, I'm just not sure that there was anything unique about this version.
* Aria's personality in general. I spent most of the book rolling my eyes at her - she feels guilty about the situation with her mother, I get that. However, I can't enjoy a character who professes to be proud and independent while (view spoiler)[ naively hiding from the world all her life, constantly lamenting the hardships she must overcome, generally feeling hopeless and helpless all the time, letting herself be manipulated by her girlfriends (who let her get Roofied and carried out of a bar by a stranger but she still goes out clubbing with them?!?) If Ari hadn't been a whiny helpless coward about the whole ordeal then the ultimate betrayal by Rafe - purchasing her mother's home and business as the last possible way to blackmail Ari into submission - wouldn't have been such a big deal. She was a college student. Who would have expected her to front the bills for her mother's care? Why exactly couldn't she tell her mother that those assets had been sold off? And that doesn't even touch the improbability of Aria having the legal rights to do such a thing. (hide spoiler)]
* I know I've said it before, but can we please, please stop calling these books BDSM erotica? Go read Story of O or The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty then come back and tell how two scenes where wrists were bound possibly quallifes this as a BDSM sexual relationship.
Read information about the authorMelody Anne is a NYT best selling author of the popular series: Billionaire Bachelors, Surrender, Baby for the Billionaire, Unexpected Hero's, Billionaire Aviators, and some solo titles. I have a Young Adult Series; Rise of the Dark Angel.
As an aspiring author, I wrote for years, then published in 2011, finding my true calling, and a love of writing. Holding a Bachelor's Degree in business, I love to write about strong, powerful, businessmen and the corporate world.
When I'm not writing, I spend time with my family, friends, and many pets. A country girl at heart, I love the small town and strong community I live in and am involved in many community projects.
To date, I have over 7 million book sales and have earned a spot on multiple best seller lists, including NYT's, USA Today, WSJ, being an amazon top 100 bestselling author for 3 years in a row, as well as a Kobo and iBooks best seller. But beyond that, I just love getting to do what makes me happy - live in a fantasy world, 95% of the time.
See my website and subscribe to my newsletter at: www.melodyanne.com. I make it a point to respond to all my fans. You can also join me on facebook at: www.facebook.com/authormelodyanne, or at twitter: @authmelodyanne. Also, follow my blog at authormelodyanne.blogspot.com.
I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your continued interest in my stories.
Add a comment to Capitulation
Read EBOOK Capitulation by Melody Anne Online free